Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My wonderful friends Jenni, Liz, and Lindsey planned an awesome surprise baby shower for me. I was COMPLETELY surprised. I was told that I was going out to dinner for a gir's night because T.D. was moving to Washington and we were saying goodbye to her. I fell for it hook, line, and sinker. My husband drove me to Jenni's house to drop me off so we could "carpool to the restaurant." Once we were at her house, her 5 year old son said that his mommy was "still getting ready for the baby shower." Still completely unsuspecting, I thought to myself, "Silly 5 year old, you must be mistaken, we are going out to dinner, we aren't going to a baby shower." Needless to say, poor Jenni was a little flustered when I saw her and thought that I had figured it out, but I'm so oblivious and trusting that I didn't even get it. I didn't pick up any of the ques and didn't fully realize what was going on even after we got to Liz's house.
Lindsey organized the games and it was a blast having her, Metta, my mother-in-law, and Ericka all visiting at the perect time for me.
Farewell T.D. This picture says it all. We love our friend T.D. and still miss her. We hope that she is doing well in Washington now.
My mother-in-law was a hoot. She had just gotten in that day (she flew in from Utah) and was in on the whole surprise. She didn't lead on at all. She totally hung with us younger girls and played along in all the games that night.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: