Wednesday, July 02, 2008

No baby yet. I have one week until my due date but I don't know if I will make it to then or not. I am now starting to feel a little uncomfortable. (Not that it will keep me from trying to surf on Thursday if I'm not in labor:) My pelvis is popping when I roll over in bed or when I put too much pressure on one leg at a time. The baby is also getting big and she sure lets her wishes be known that she wants more room. She can really stretch and kick! ..but I guess that I can't complain too much if those are my only concerns. I went to the doctors on Friday and she said that I was 1 cm dilated and that I was already 40% effaced so I could really go anytime. Not that it's necessary, but it would be nice if I could hold on until my mom comes in 6 days, but we will see.
Right now in Hawaii is what is called "Grad season." It means that all the kids that are graduating from highschool have these huge parties and Luaus to celebrate. They have been going on every weekend since school got out and we have been reaping the benefits of all the traditional Hawaiian food. We are at one here. These are all the men doing the Haka (a dance that originated from New Zealand that warriors dancec beore they go into battle). These families will camp for a couple of weeks at this beach park to continue the celebration.
Jimmy got to be one of the back up dancers for another presentation that was going on too.
I have been getting ready for the new baby and I bought a baby carrier for her. Carley wanted to see if she could fit in it. Here she is playing around with her Daddy.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

How exciting! I hope you call if you need anything.

Britney, Matt, and Parker Croad said...

You are such a beautiful pregnant lady! :)

Sandy said...

I can't believe it's already time! I thought you weren't due until much later. Good for you! Hope this delivery is better than the last!

Sandy said...

YOU HAVE BEEN TAGGED!!

How To Play This Game of Tag:
Post these rules on your blog.List: 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 goals, 3 current obsessions/collections, 3 random surprising facts about yourself. Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog!

Melissa Scott said...

I need to get your address.... Can you email it to me @ melissaballard03@yahoo.com? I can't believe that you are about to deliver. You still seem so little. I love your surfing prego pics and Jimmy truly looking like a Hawaiian back-up dancer. Carly looks like she has been out and about for sure... She is so tan. xoxoxoxo

DJ and Kristin said...

so close..we will keep checking in to see your new beautiful baby girl, I am sure she will be perfect!!

Natalie said...

You look hot! I hope I can look as cute as you!