Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sorry it has been so long that I have blogged. Jimmy and I miss Hawaii terribly. I miss the weather, I miss my friends, and I miss the culture. I tried to blog a few weeks ago, and I accidently deleted 4 months of photos on my camera and memory card. I was so sad and I was a little sick to my stomach when I realized what I had done later on. But, there is nothing that I can do now, so I will blog the pictures that I took recently.

To give you update, there are enjoyable things aout being here. It is fun to be around my brother and my mom. She is so wonderful with my kids, she helps out so much with the kids and is a good friend to me...however, I have decided that we can't settle in Northern Utah. The weather up here in the winter is terrible. I don't know why people live like this! I don't appreciate the cold like so many people do up here and don't think that I ever can. It is just now warming up and I know that people back in Hawaii have been enjoying perfect weather this whole time that I have been enduring the cold.

Jimmy got a job aat Granger elementary school. He works with kids that are academically low -acheivers. He works under the curiculum developer for the school. He likes aspects of the job, but it isn't a career job.

I have been busy too. One day I was talking to my cousin and she was telling me about the nursing school that she is attending. I decided to research it and it turns out that I have almost all of the pre-reqs, they don't charge out-of-state tuition, and they will accept all of my trasfer credits (even though they are old). I also found out that I still had time to make the April nursing application deadline for starting the program in Fall. So, needless to say, my life has been a whirlwind since I decided to go for it and try to apply for fall. I hurried and got my T.B. shot, signed up for an accelerated CNA course (my CNA license in Hawaii was expired :( ), took a math klep test, got all my transcripts and sent in my application. I made it before the deadline. Now, all I have to do is take a math class over the summer and take a chemistry lab class before the nursing program starts to still qualify for the nursing program. I should find out if I get in by May 26th, so wish me luck! The timing would work out perfect if I got in, because my mom said that she would be willing to watch the kids for me while I was in the program. I couldn't ask for a better babysitter.

The girls making Jimmy fly them around in the airplane that they made.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad to see your post. Miss you so much. I need an address for you! Can you email it to me? I hope you get into the program. That is nice that it all fell into place.

The Rauch Family said...

So good to see an update. I think of you often!