Sunday, May 22, 2011

I graduated the Licensed Practical Nursing Program! Yay! I made it through! Our graduation was on Friday. What a whirl wind it has all been! This has definitely been one of the craziest times in my life, but it has been so neat in other ways. I am finally a nurse! How crazy is that? I'm not a RN yet, but i'm on the road. I knew that I wanted to do something in the medical field ever since I was a little kid, and now I get to fulfill part of that dream. I feel a sense of relief that this particular nursing programs is over, but in some ways I don't feel like i get much of a break because I still need to get accepted into another nursing program and take 2 more semesters to complete my RN. Also, I graduated on Friday, and tomorrow I start an IV certification class and last thursday, I started a pathophysiology class at Salt Lake Community College for the summer before our semester at MATC even ended. Sheesh! Sometimes it feels never ending! However, I love what I get to learn about and I feel grateful for this opportunity.

Some of my favorite fellow nursing students.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

The Rauch Family said...

Hurray! Congratulations!!!!!

Elizabeth said...

You will be the best nurse ever!

lshardlow said...

Leslie, congrats on your accomplishment!!!!! Way to go. I'm so proud of you and I'm not even your mother!! But you still make me proud because he accomplished what you wanted to do. YEA for you.