Sunday, January 29, 2012

This summer I got a job as a LPN. It has been an adventure to say-the-least. I knew that I was a new graduate LPN, an I knew that there was going to be a learning curve when I started working, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I only got 3 1/2 days of orientation an hit the ground running working full time. My first few days, I had to figure out how to change a urostomy dressing and a colostomy dressing, do a huge wound dressing, had to hang IV's, remove a skin graft an do all these other crazy stuff, all of which I had never done before. It was terrifying. It has slowly gotten better over time. I still don't know everything by any means, but I can function as a decent nurse.




Now I am back in school at Weber state and am still working acouple days a week too. Life just doesn't slow down. This is a picture of some other nursing students that I carpool with. It is probably about 3 am in this picture. I wake up at 2:15am so I can meet our carpool, and we drive up to Ogden (about an hour and 15 minute drive) and be there by 4:30am for our clinical. Luckily we only have to drive up to Ogden twice a week, and the second day, I only have to leave my house at 5:45. The rest of our classes are online.

Some of the carpool of nursing students.

A fellow nursing student that I went through my LPN with at MATC. She and I both got into this program together. We were stoked. I pretty much spend more time with her than I do my own family. We study together, go to class together, and drive together.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Rauch Family said...

So excited to see all of the updates! It's fun to read your life's adventures. Let us know when you're in CA again!