Monday, November 09, 2015

A Baby Kitty

Today there was meowing over by the back side of the studio. We went to church and then came home. A while later the mewing started again and the girls and I went out to look for it. It ended up being on the neighbor's side of the fence, in a corner, in some plants. I helped the girls over the fence and at first they couldn't find the kitten. Then Carley looked again and sure enough there was a little tiger stripped kitten with its eyes still shut and its ears still down. Carley wanted me to some see but I told her just to bring it and bring it over to me. She did and Taylor and she took turns holding it. We weren't sure if it was abandoned by its mother or if it was starving but I told the girls to put it back I case the mom was just out looking for food. The girls held it for a bit and then they put it back. We looked up info on the internet about what to do if you find kittens and found out good information. We also learned if the mother cat doesn't return in four hours that it is probably hurt or dead. I told the girls they could check on it after we got home from a potluck that night. Jimmy was pretty resistive about us getting involved with the kitten, but when we got home (and after quite a bit of discussion), the girls checked on the kitten and could not find it. The mom might have moved the nest (which the Internet also gave info about). Carley was sad that she didn't get a kitten to have, but I was relieved that the kitten wasn't dead and that we didn't have to take care for it. Carley heard mewing from the field that night.

No comments: