Sunday, June 19, 2016

Awards and Kittens

I'm so proud of these girls! Taylor won a star student award and got her picture taken with the principle. Because she was such a good girl and did her work (which sometimes took her extra time and she had to work extra hard for) and she was a good girl in class, followed the rules and was a good listener to her teacher, she earned enough stars and got that award! I am SO proud of her. She didn't tell me initially after she got it and was just upset that she didn't look like she was smiling in her picture. To her, it wasn't a big deal and so I didn't find out about it until later. I was so happy with all the success she has had this year. She started taking medication to help her focus and all her intelligence just came spilling out. She is a good reader and really enjoys math.
I am also so proud of my ever diligent and dependable Carley. She too didn't tell me about her award and I also found out about it later from her Dad because she too didn't think it was that big of a deal. Carley loves to read and she is an avid reader. It takes me energy to keep her supplied with entertaining books to read. She reads at night before she goes to bed, in the morning when she wakes up and during the day when she can sneak it in and Jimmy and I think it is great! At her school, the kids are encouraged to take AR tests (advanced reading) tests after they read a book and they earn prizes. Carley never went before school or stayed after school to take AR tests, she only took them if they gave her time in class, and I'm sure she didn't take them on everything she read. But somehow, just off the AR tests that she did take, she had the most words read for the entire fourth grade class. I was so proud of her for getting recognition for that! Good job Carley!
Jimmy and his mom are like kids in the candy store at the plant nursery. Jimmy's mom is getting Jimmy some plants for his garden.
Paul found some kittens in a 7-11 parking lot and brought them home. Guess who gets to babysit them sometimes and is super happy about it??

No comments: