Sunday, July 03, 2016

Fresh Water Spring Coconut Grove


I finally was feeling well enough to make the trip to Molokai. The plane ride had some turbulence and I was concentrating really hard not to get too motion sick. But I was so happy to meet up with the my family that the thought chocked me up when I was walking off the plane. This island reminds me of Oahu like 50 years ago. It is beautiful. After the family got me from the airport, we went to the fresh water spring that was in a grove of coconut trees and swam in the brackish water.

A mermaid lagoon for the girls



The water was so warm! Taylor jumped right in first and then the other kids were little fish in the water that evening

And that evening I walked down to the end of the ancient push pond that is outside the house we are staying. It was a beautiful sunset. I feel extremely blessed to he had the chance to recover in a house alone after getting meningitis, and then I feel blessed to still have the opportunity to experience Molokai with the family. I couldn't have planned it better myself. Sometimes that Heavenly Father knows a thing or two :)


No comments: