Monday, November 06, 2017

Friends and Family

We have been trying to go to the mainland for Christmas, but it looks pretty bleak for actually going. We had tried to collect airline miles to pay for most of the airfare cost, but it didn't work out as well as we hoped. We can't really afford to just buy tickets out-right, so we might have to wait for another time and work on collecting more miles. I was pretty bummed. I really love my family and I want my kids to experience their cousins and their aunt and uncle's houses. I want them to know their grandparents and have them spend time with them. Hopefully something will work out, and if not, then hopefully we will be able to go for Spring break or for summer.

TD's sister's cancer is back and the prognosis is terminal. TD told us the news at book club and we all cried for her and her sister. Jenni used to be roommates at BYUH with Derrina. She also has 3 kids and is only 3 years older than me. It is so scary. It makes me want to see my siblings and family even more. It would be so hard to loose one of my siblings. I can't imagine it. The Speeds, Morses, and we will all be helping with the Thornton kids because TD is flying out tomorrow to help her sister. Derrina is currently in the hospital again.

No comments: