Monday, November 06, 2017

Triathalon Training

The Thorntons are putting on a free triathlon in December that I have been doing training for. Jimmy has been helping and motivating me. I have been running (accept recently because I'm my calves/shins have been bothering me), and lap swimming, and have been biking more. This weekend, Jimmy suggested that we borrow TD's bike and go for a ride. She was gracious enough to let me do it and so we met up with John Speed and the three of us rode together. Riding abroad bike with different gear shifting and riding in traffic is new for me. I'm really glad we got some practice in and I could really use more. We rode about 13 miles. Then, Jenni, John, TD, Jimmy and I all went for an ocean swim. I always lapnswim in the pool, but my brother suggested that I practice in the ocean because of how different it is, and he was right. The visability is different, the navigation is different, and the moving water is different. It was very choppy and windy and it felt abbot like you were swimming in a washing machine, but overall, the swim and bike went well. Now the the kids are getting older and more independent, it almost feels like Jimmy and I are going on day-dates when we get to exercise together with out the kids. The triathlon has been a fun excuse to do these activities together. After the ocean swim, we hot tubbed, John made everyone eggs, and we talked and hung out at the Speed's house. It was fun.

No comments: