Sunday, June 19, 2016

My Birthday

First, Jimmy had been up with Bubbas a bunch the night before, but early in the morning I heard pots and pans clanking. I thought to myself that it was sweet of him to make me birthday breakfast (my birthday was going to be the next day). Then, I heard Lindsay Gibson's voice while I was still laying in bed and thought, "oh no! He invited friends over!" So I threw on some clothes and was brushing my teeth when Jimmy came into the bathroom and pulled me out. He has surprised me with a birthday breakfast with my friends! He made quite the spread of food too! He made one of his awesome giant omlets, two kinds of pancakes, waffles, hash browns, coconut icing, berries, frozen fruit, etc! It was great! Then, Jenni and TD were wearing bathing suits under their clothes and Jimmy sent us surfing while he and his mom cleaned up and watched the kids.
It was small but fun out at flat island 
Then after surfing, Jimmy let me take a nap and then we got ready for our date.
I like our little photo bomber in this picture
And we headed down to Waikiki to eat at a restaurant call Ruth's Chris Steak House while Jim and Lynda watched the kids. We had gift cerfificates from the Speeds' Christmas party last year and I assumed they equaled $50. When we opened the menus, we were quite shocked at the prices there, but we felt committed and luckily, because Jimmy likes to go to restaurants early to beat the rushes, there was a $50 per person special going on. We ordered our food (which was really good) and then paid and found out that the gift certificates equaled $100! It covered all but about $8 and then we paid the tip. It was a birthday blessing!
Then, that night, we met up with James, Rahul, Jenni, and John at whole foods and ate amazing flourless chocolate cake, and raspberry and lime cheesecakes. It was a great day!

Then, on Sunday, my actual birthday, we all walked along the marsh and fed the ducks at the end. I got to talk to family and friends on the phone which is one of my favorite parts of a birthday.

Then we had a birthday potluck hosted by Elizabeth. We have such great friends. They really are neat, fun, talented people. It was great having people sing, play instruments, eat good food and hang out.


Thank you to my hubby for a great birthday! And what a bonus having your parents here!

No comments: