Monday, September 17, 2018

California!

Auntie Lindsay has a snow cone machine and she makes home made syrups for the shaved ice. The kids made a lot of snow cones on this trip.
 We swam at her pool and took advantage of the hot tub.

 Where Travis and Valen play ice hockey, there was a $5 skating night, so we got to go ice skating! The kids loved it.

 Then we used some coupons and got everyone some ice cream that was made with Nitrogen gas. The gas made clouds of mist when they froze the ice cream mixture.

 And while we were there, Lindsay's contractions became more and more uncomfortable. So Travis and I left Sarah (one of Lindsay's friends) at the house and we drove down to the hospital. Lindsay's contractions were 1:45 seconds apart.
 Once we had been at the hospital for a while, the contractions slowed down and lost their gusto, so we finally went back home in the morning after being up most of the night. Lin and I slept for a while in the hospital bed. It reminded me of old times when she and I shared a bed when we were kids and when she came out to visit me for college and we shared my twin bed.

 Poor Lin's feet were so swollen!

No comments: